- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
Question of the Day
November TBA _ Deadline for teams to make qualifying offers to their eligible former players who became free agents, fifth day after World Series.
November TBA _ Deadline for free agents to accept qualifying offers, 12th day after World Series.
Nov. 11-13 _ General managers meeting, Orlando, Fla.
Nov. 13-14 _ Owners meeting, Orlando, Fla.
Dec. 2 _ Last day for teams to offer 2014 contracts to unsigned players.
Dec. 2-5 _ Major League Baseball Players Association executive board meeting, La Jolla, Calif.
Dec. 9-12 _ Winter meetings, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Dec. 9 _ Hall of Fame expansion era committee (1973 and later) vote announced, Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
Jan. 14 _ Salary arbitration filing.
Jan. 17 _ Salary arbitration figures exchanged.
Feb. 1-21 _ Salary arbitration hearings, St. Petersburg, Fla.
Feb. 13 _ Voluntary reporting date for pitchers, catchers and injured players.
Feb. 18 _ Voluntary reporting date for other players.
Feb. 25 _ Mandatory reporting date.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world