- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Beijing’s sexist cops: Women are horrible drivers with no sense of direction
Question of the Day
Do you lack a sense of direction? Then you're probably a woman, according to the Beijing police. Do you have problems braking? Then you're probably a woman, according to the Beijing police.
China's version of Twitter, called Weibo, has churned up plenty of sexist messages aimed at female drivers. The biggest problem is that those messages have been created by the authorities, The Los Angeles Times reports.
One message reads: "Some female drivers lack a sense of direction. While driving, they often can’t decide which road they should take. ... Even for places theyve been to several times, they still can't remember how to get there when driving themselves."
Women also are warned not to wear high heels while driving and are taken to task for applying the breaks and accelerator too sharply.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Japan pumping up military with drones, U.S. aircraft to counter Chinese threats
- Engineers create human-powered helicopter: 'Impossible is nothing'
- Army to cut up to 4,000 captains and majors
- N. Korea wipes Kim Jong-un's executed uncle Jang Song-thaek from Web
- Hagel: Same-sex benefits for troops' spouses ready to go in all states
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
By Michael P. Orsi
Edward Snowden should declare his patriotism in court
- Citing 'unfair system,' Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- KELLNER: It's not a Merry Christmas for the persecuted church
- PRUDEN: 'Tis the season for apologies
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- ORSI: No greater act of loyalty to the Constitution
- TRIPLETT: Shale revolution reality checks
- Obama sends 45 service members to South Sudan
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Southern Fried Politics from the Lens of a Persian-American Millennial
All of the world’s problems, solved on your back porch
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow