- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Delta to allow usage of electronics during all phases of flight
Delta Airlines pounced quickly Thursday after the Federal Aviation Administration approved portable electronic devices on flights, announcing that passengers’ usage of such devices will be allowed during all phases of their flight as early as Friday.
Delta’s decision, part of $3 billion worth of investments in customer service upgrades, seeks to build on its 160 million customers per year.
The announcement came hours after the FAA said faa-oks-air-passengers-using-gadgets-planes/” target=”_blank”>airlines can allow passengers to use the devices — excluding cellphone calls — during takeoffs and landings on planes that meet certain criteria for protecting aircraft systems from any electronic interference.
“We appreciate the FAA’s collaboration with the industry to define a path for enabling the safe use of portable electronic devices below 10,000 feet,” said Joanne Smith, Delta’s senior vice president of in-flight service. “The Delta team is committed to always working to make flying better and thanks to their efforts our customers are the first to be able to use their devices throughout their entire flight.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- 'Top Gun' school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Navy's first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer LaWS to deploy this summer
- State Dept. Twitter account needles jihadists daily: Try 'not murdering women and children'
- Al Qaeda kills accused U.S. spy, hangs him from soccer goal posts in Yemen
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- IRS to turn over Lerner emails in tea party targeting probe
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again