- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama, Sebelius don’t understand ‘sorry’
Question of the Day
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius told Congress this week she was “sorry” for the Obamacare website fiasco (“Obamacare not for me, HHS head Kathleen Sebelius says,” Web, Oct. 30). What does that mean? It seems there is a vast difference between declaration and meaning in the mouths of politicians and major bureaucrats.
Mrs. Sebelius is mouthing meaningless words like her teleprompter-reading boss, President Obama. “Sorry” for these people is merely a filler. It is a piece of a sentence that does not necessarily relate to the voicer’s emotional content.
If Mrs. Sebelius were truly sorry, she would resign and make deed fit intention. Then perhaps she might really be sorry.
Her boss, Mr. Obama, hasn’t apologized yet because he doesn’t know what that means. He is so narcissistic that he can’t relate to the notion of apology. Everything he does is to his own glory and the magnificence of his ego.
If Mr. Obama resigned along with Mrs. Sebelius, it would stanch the bleeding of the lies. We would not be sorry; we would be freed from their deception. And America would recapture some of her purity.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
Get Breaking Alerts
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'