- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
LOVERRO: Hernandez-Harrison getting his chance to shine in Madison Square Garden
One opportunity they took advantage of was a smart one – to sign with Washington lawyer, sports agent and promoter Jeff Fried, president of All In Entertainment. Fried, who was former heavyweight champion Riddick Bowe’s attorney, is one of the most connected people in boxing. He sees something special in Dusty Harrison’s future.
“In business and in sports we often describe someone possessing that intangible “it” factor,” Fried said. “This is generally attributable to not only skill sets but also the manner in which Dusty carries himself in and out of the ring. He has an uncanny grounded self accountability in his training and preparation that will continue to serve Dusty well as he continues to develop as a young professional athlete.”
They indeed will serve him well – but only if his left hook and right uppercut serve him as well in the ring Saturday night at the Garden.
Thom Loverro is co-host of “The Sports Fix,” noon to 2 p.m. daily on ESPN 980 radio and espn980.com
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- LOVERRO: Caps' trading activity done by a man confident he'll be sticking around
- LOVERRO: Brian Orakpo is the Redskins' franchise player? Poor guy
- LOVERRO: For Matt Williams, it's 99 percent inspiration, 1 percent conversation
- LOVERRO: Time for Nats to give Frank Robinson his due
- LOVERRO: FBI files add to mystery of Sonny Liston, but Ali's legacy untarnished
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again