- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
- Law firm that cleared N.J. Gov. Christie in ‘Bridgegate’ gave 10K to RGA, which he heads
- PETA ‘hopping mad’ at Michelle Obama for using real eggs at Easter Egg Roll
- Sneaky Nebraska toddler traps self inside claw machine game
- Biden to lead $600 million work force training effort
- Atheists’ Easter taunt to Christians: ‘Jesus is a myth’
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show
- Josh Romney swipes Harry Reid with photo tweet of dad paying taxes — ‘your paycheck’
- Despite Obamacare problems, some Dems want Sebelius to run for Senate: report
Pentagon manual: White, Christian heterosexual males have unfair advantages
A healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian man has unfair advantages in the U.S. military has unfair advantages over other soldiers, according to a training manual approved by the Pentagon.
"Simply put, a healthy, white, heterosexual, Christian male receives many unearned advantages of social privilege, whereas a black, homosexual, atheist female in poor health receives many unearned disadvantages of social privilege," reads a statement in the manual created by the Defense Equal Opportunity Management Institute (DEOMI).
"White privilege" is covered in a 20-page section titled, "Power and Privilege."
"Whites are the empowered group," states the manual. "White males represent the haves as compared to the have-nots."
According to Fox News, which first reported on the manual Thursday, the manual is used in a three month DEOMI course taught at Patrick Air Force Base in Florida. An officer who was concerned about the content sent the manual to Fox's Todd Starnes.
"I'm participating in teaching things that are not true," the instructor told Fox.
The Pentagon has not responded to requests by Fox News to comment on the manual, which implores officers to "assume racism is everywhere, everyday," and to "understand and learn from the history of whiteness and racism."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Al Qaeda mocks U.S. in 'extraordinary' Yemen gathering; experts fear CIA caught flat-footed
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Special Forces operators need stealth motorcycles: DARPA
- More than 100 'inappropriate' encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
- University: Help, our campus is too white
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Ga. judge won't stop new Vidalia onion rule
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- EDITORIAL: Intolerance at Brandeis silences Muslim dissident Hirsi Ali
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.