- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Smith wins ALMS pole at Virginia International
ALTON, VA. (AP) - Guy Smith took his first American Le Mans Series pole position of the season Friday at Virginia International Raceway.
Smith had a lap at 122.670 mph on the 3.27-mile road circuit in the No. 16 Lola-Mazda for Dyson Racing. It was the British driver’s first pole since Lime Rock Park last year and snapped a five-race streak of ALMS poles for Muscle Milk Pickett Racing and co-drivers Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr.
Ryan Briscoe took the P2 class pole position in the No. 551 Level 5 Motorsports Honda prototype with a lap of 117.961 mph, and Dane Cameron topped the Prototype Challenge field at 115.577 mph in the No. 52 PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports ORECA prototype. The GT class pole position went to Maxime Martin in the No. 55 BMW Z4 co-owned by former IndyCar champion Bobby Rahal, David Letterman and Mike Lanigan. Damien Faulkner took the GT Challenge pole for the all-Porsche class.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- FISHER: Shades of Berlin in the South China Sea
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Obama unveils new $600 billion jobs initiative
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- EDITORIAL: Got (raw) milk?
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.