- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Smith wins ALMS pole at Virginia International
ALTON, VA. (AP) - Guy Smith took his first American Le Mans Series pole position of the season Friday at Virginia International Raceway.
Smith had a lap at 122.670 mph on the 3.27-mile road circuit in the No. 16 Lola-Mazda for Dyson Racing. It was the British driver’s first pole since Lime Rock Park last year and snapped a five-race streak of ALMS poles for Muscle Milk Pickett Racing and co-drivers Klaus Graf and Lucas Luhr.
Ryan Briscoe took the P2 class pole position in the No. 551 Level 5 Motorsports Honda prototype with a lap of 117.961 mph, and Dane Cameron topped the Prototype Challenge field at 115.577 mph in the No. 52 PR1 Mathiasen Motorsports ORECA prototype. The GT class pole position went to Maxime Martin in the No. 55 BMW Z4 co-owned by former IndyCar champion Bobby Rahal, David Letterman and Mike Lanigan. Damien Faulkner took the GT Challenge pole for the all-Porsche class.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again