- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
John Force takes Funny Car points lead
Question of the Day
MOHNTON, PA. (AP) - John Force took the Funny Car points lead Saturday at Maple Grove Raceway, topping qualifying in the Auto-Plus NHRA Nationals.
The 15-time world champion moved into the points lead for the first time this season when his time of 3.987 seconds at 323.50 mph from Friday held up through two qualifying sessions Saturday. The 64-year-old Force, coming off a victory last week in Madison, Ill., will race Jeff Arend in the first round of eliminations.
“(Crew chief) Jimmy Prock swings for the fence and the guys are really working hard,” Force said. “I’ve got a good race car right now and what was exciting to me was to see the fans in the stands. It sure feels good to be running well. I struggled as a driver earlier in the year and my guys stayed by me.”
Morgan Lucas led the Top Fuel field, Jason Line topped Pro Stock qualifying, and Michael Ray was fastest in Pro Stock Motorcycle in the fourth of six playoff races in the Countdown to the Championship.
Lucas had a 3.772 at 314.90, and Line finished in 6.573 at 210.70. Ray’s 6.857 at 193.38 on Friday held up.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- HATCH: Destroying the Senate and our liberties
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors