- Obama pitches to middle class with overtime pay action
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee claims Constitution is 400 years old
- Unemployment, job creation top biggest problems in America: poll
- Twitter crashes for second time in nine days
- Charles Manson associate Bruce Davis granted parole
- Israeli warplanes pound 29 Palestinian sites in Gaza: ‘Direct hits’ confirmed
- Eric Holder to give thumbs-up to drop jail time for drug offenders
- N.J. Gov. Chris Christie faces fire for Superstorm Sandy dollars: ‘Where’s the governor?’
- Pope Francis shakes Vatican Bank with ‘earthquake’ reforms
- White House: Obamacare didn’t matter in Florida special election
Georgia’s Marshall, Scott-Wesley out for season
“We have a lot of work to do before we play Missouri because that’s another team that will sneak up on you in a heartbeat,” Georgia outside linebacker Jordan Jenkins said.
Gurley and Marshall had formed one of the nation’s top running back tandems before they were hurt. Gurley has 71 carries for 450 yards and four touchdowns this season. Last season, the duo combined to rush for 2,144 yards and 25 touchdowns.
Freshman J.J. Green stepped up in their absence at Tennessee and ran for 129 yards on 17 carries. Green had entered the game with only five career rushing attempts.
“When we signed him, we really didn’t know what he was going to play,” Richt said after the Tennessee game. “We thought he could play corner, we thought he could play receiver. This spring we knew we had some issues at the tailback position so we just asked him what do you think about playing some tailback and he said, `OK, Coach, I’ll play.’ Turns out he’s a tough nut.”
Another freshman, Brendan Douglas, scored a touchdown against the Volunteers.
The Bulldogs may need both newcomers to deliver a repeat performance against Missouri.
By Emily Miller
Obama is losing the debate on gun ownership, concealed-carry permits
- Oil rig worker says he saw missing plane go down: report
- GOP bill tries to pull courts into fight with Obama on executive power, enforcing laws
- Ukrainian PM accuses Putin of wanting war
- Inside the Beltway: A new interest in Rahm Emanuel for 2016?
- NRA shirt gets N.Y. high school student suspended
- Special ops forces wearing thin from high demand
- Military families would take a $5,000 hit in benefits with Obama budget
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Critics point to Obama's attempts to sell health care as no laughing matter
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again