- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
- Bill O’Reilly reminds: Nelson Mandela ‘was a communist’
Panthers WR Steve Smith calls umpire ‘garbage’
The receiver was upset over several calls, including one where he was flagged for offensive pass interference and another where he felt Arizona cornerback Patrick Peterson grabbed the back of his jersey on a route and used that momentum to “slingshot” past him to break up a pass.
“It was pass interference in Mexico, Europe, rugby _ in pretty much every other sport but in Arizona” on Sunday, Smith said. “But then when I pushed off it was pass interference.”
Smith also pointed to a play where he dove with the ball outstretched beyond the first down marker but was ruled down before the yardstick. Panthers coach Ron Rivera challenged the play and officials overruled the call and granted Carolina a first down.
It was an aggravating day all around for Smith.
He dropped two passes from Cam Newton, including one in the end zone that should have been a touchdown. He was limited to 60 yards on four catches.
Despite his comments about the officiating, Smith took blame for the loss, saying, “I wasn’t focused in.”
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Obama administration issues permits for wind farms to kill more eagles
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Rush Limbaugh: Obama trying to make Mandela death about himself
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- John Boehner says GOP should support gay candidates: I do
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A stat-head’s outlook, direct from his worn in couch cushion.
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
White House pets gone wild!