- Obama to Central American leaders: I need help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
Woman mysteriously shot while watching child’s soccer game at Manassas park
Question of the Day
A Gainesville woman was shot in the thigh while watching her child’s soccer game in Manassas, police said Monday.
Prince William County police said they were investigating the wounding of the 43-year-old woman, who was injured at about 5:11 p.m. Sunday in the George Hellwig Memorial Park in Manassas.
Police said the woman was sitting in a chair watching her child’s soccer game when she felt “a sharp pain in her right thigh.” The woman went to the hospital, thinking it was a BB bullet or other type of projectile. Doctors instead found a small caliber bullet in her right thigh, possibly a .22 round, police said.
No gunshot was heard and nor were any reports made to police of someone with a weapon at the game.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No official word yet on Pope Francis visit: Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Higher Ground: War no deterrent
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- Humanists hit the Hill to press for 'nontheistic' chaplains
- Humanist services lacking in the military, advocates tell Congress
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Ted Nugent loses second casino gig for 'racist remarks'
- Let it roll: D.C. Council hits Las Vegas on taxpayer's dime, leaves $14,000 tab
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq