- New Mexico decides to use HealthCare.gov for 2015
- Satanists to use Hobby Lobby rule to skirt state abortion laws
- White House: No choice but to act now on climate change
- HHS: ‘Donut hole’ reforms saved Medicare enrollees $11.5 billion since 2010
- Boston-area tornado rips 100 homes: ‘Are we in Kansas?’
- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
Boy has ‘SEALs vs. ninjas’ question answered by head of Special Forces
Question of the Day
A young boy told to be quiet “like a SEAL” by his mother was inspired to write to the head of U.S. Special Operations command and ask if the elite warriors are more silent than ninjas.
Walker Greentree, who turns 7 this month, was playing with a friend in the yard when his mother gave the order, sparking a debate between Walker and his friend on whether SEALs or ninjas were stealthier, reports Blue Star Families.
After penning the letter to Adm. William H. McRaven, Walker finally got his answer:
“Thanks for writing me! You did a great job drawing the Trident, it looks just like my personal coin, which I’ve sent you along with this letter. I only give this to very special kids, so I hope you like it.
To answer your questions: I think ninjas are probably quieter than SEALs, but we are better swimmers, and also better with guns and blowing things up. I can hold my breath for a long time, but I try not to unless I really have to.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring 'God's Rescue Squad'
- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- Gen. Martin Dempsey: U.S. viewing decades-old Russian readiness plan
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
Latest Blog Entries
- HuffPo: Denying women 'moral abortions' destroys 'soul freedom'
- Rangel's race taunt: Tea party a bunch of 'white crackers'
- Limbaugh: Fox News wouldn't let me criticize GOP
- Anthony Weiner: Expect more lewd photos to surface during N.Y. mayoral campaign
- Obama meets with illegal immigrants to discuss reform
TWT Video Picks
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq