- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: A litany of failures
This president has been late submitting a budget every year he’s been in office. The Senate, controlled by his party, didn’t submit a budget for three years. Now that they finally submitted one, they refuse to meet in conference with the House. Mr. Obama’s “recovery” has been the worst in history. Unlike previous recoveries, this one has been stagnant with usually less than 2 percent growth in gross domestic product. Ordinarily, at this time in a recovery, we are seeing 4 percent to 6 percent GDP growth.
Mr. Obama doesn’t talk about the unemployment rate because the only reason it’s gone down is that people are getting laid off or giving up on finding a job. Young men graduating from school can’t find full-time employment, if any employment at all. Those who lost their jobs in the recession have been unable to find replacement full-time work. Obamacare is forcing businesses to keep the workforce to a minimum or else only hire part-time or contract workers.
President Reagan had a divided Congress, too — but unlike Mr. Obama he was able and willing to work with the other party. We have the IRS and the NSA spying on American citizens or attempting to infringe upon and monitor free speech. He has been pathetic in dealing with the Syria, North Korea and Iran. He has kicked one of our best allies, Israel, to the curb more than once.
Since he couldn’t get his environmental laws passed even when he had a Democrat-controlled Congress, he has tried going around Congress and implementing policy via EPA rules and regulations. This isn’t the way the Founding Fathers meant for things to be done. He has also been rebuffed in this attempt several times by the courts.
Mr. Obama called President George W. Bush “unpatriotic” for the debt he incurred, yet Mr. Obama’s debt makes Mr. Bush’s look like chump change.
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Bundy support demonstrates voters' distrust
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obamacare disasters were avoidable
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Muhammad wouldn't condone Boston bombing
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: High heels: Hazardous to one's health?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Marshall's comments hurt GOP, pro-lifers