- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
- Md. parents accused of locking up autistic twin sons
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Virginia Democrats’ war on women
Question of the Day
Despite what some "pro-choice" proponents allege, an abortion is not the equivalent of removing one's wisdom teeth. The surgical procedure can be life-threatening, and common sense demands that women making a legal choice to abort their babies receive the best care available. These women are not to be treated in the abhorrent way Kermit Gosnell's patients were treated in Philadelphia.
Virginia women can rely on the protection of Republican gubernatorial candidate Ken Cuccinelli and "compassionate conservatives" within the Republican Party to uphold the law requiring inspection and certification of abortion clinics. Whether "pro-choice" or "pro-life," I'm confident all can agree that, when a woman makes her choice to have children, she can be relatively confident her uterus will still be intact because she has not been infected by the use of unsterilized instruments.
Female voters can rely on Mr. Cuccinelli to protect their interests. Mr. McAuliffe and the Democrats would rather their war on vulnerable women continue unabated.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
Get Breaking Alerts
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Brooklyn Bridge surrenders: White flags replace Old Glory atop icon
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?