- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Virginia history 101
Question of the Day
The Confederate flag flew over the detestable institution of slavery for four years. For 72 years, from the adoption of the Constitution of the United States until the outbreak of the Civil War, the Stars and Stripes flew over the institution of slavery and protected it with the legislative, judicial and executive branches of the United States government. Groups have hijacked the Confederate flag for many reasons, but the flag represents heritage for the families whose ancestors fought under it.
If you bring shame to the Confederate flag, you bring equal shame to the Stars and Stripes, which protected slavery for many, many more years than the Confederate flag. Mr. McAuliffe should learn at least a little of the great state of Virginia’s history if he wishes to be governor.
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- McCLAUGHRY: Finish off the "Islamic State" quickly and cheaply
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job