- NAACP: Detroit water shutoffs are racially motivated
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Big milestone for Britain’s little Prince George who turns 1
- Murphy: Israel must be wary of Hamas using civilian deaths for recruitment
- Royce: Putin recruiting ‘every skinhead and malcontent around Russia’
- Nancy Pelosi is adamant: Congress worked together when Bush was president
- ‘Slender Man’ stabbing victim receives Purple Heart from anonymous veteran
- Kentucky city called socialist for buying gas station, undercutting competitor fuel prices
- Israel hits five mosques, sports complex in overnight Gaza strikes
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters’ questions on book tour
Roger Goodell: NFL must do ‘what’s right’ on Redskins nickname
Question of the Day
Avoiding direct answers to questions about whether "Redskins" is a racial slur or if the team should change its name, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell says the league needs to "make sure we're doing what's right."
During a news conference Tuesday at the end of the league's fall meetings, four of the first five questions directed at Goodell were about the Washington Redskins' nickname.
Goodell says it's important "to listen and recognize that some other people may have different perspectives."
He adds that he's "confident that the Redskins are listening."
The subject was not part of the formal agenda at the owners' meetings.
Redskins owner Dan Snyder did not speak to reporters Tuesday, and general manager Bruce Allen deflected a question about the team's name.
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- Obamacare dealt massive setback by federal appeals court
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Hillary Clinton dogged for refusing reporters' questions on book tour
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq