- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Ficken is kickin’em through for Penn State
Question of the Day
Sam Ficken, Mr. Reliable. Seriously.
The Penn State kicker whom some Nittany Lions fans wanted to run out of Happy Valley last year has made 13 straight field goal attempts after starting the season by going 3 for 3 in a win against Syracuse.
Ficken, you might recall, had just about the worst game a kicker could have in Week 2 of the 2012 season. He missed four field goal attempts and had an extra point blocked against Virginia in a 17-16 loss.
Many on social media were less than sympathetic, even downright nasty to Ficken, who had been pressed into action after Penn State’s starting kicker transferred after the NCAA sanctioned the programs.
Penn State coach Bill O’Brien stuck with Ficken _ he didn’t have much choice _ and the kicker closed the season with 10 straight made field goals.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Fourth Amendment says Obama is not at liberty to collect metadata
- Calling prison term disparities unfair, Obama commutes sentences for 8 crack offenders
- Gov't wasted $30 billion on 'pillownauts,' crystal goblets -- buying human urine!
- Homeland Security helps smuggle illegal immigrant children into the U.S.
- Bill Gates: The Secret Santa disguised as a 'friendly fellow' on Reddit
- Obamacare 'pajamas boy' gets roundly mocked
- Duck Dynasty Phil Robertson suspended indefinitely for gay quip
- Armed response, not restrictive gun laws, brought swift end to school shooting
- U.S. Army mulls wiping out memory of Robert E. Lee, 'Stonewall' Jackson
- Special ops vets slam military benefit cuts
- BOLTON: Nero in the White House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow