- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Middle Eastern firm’s deal to manage U.S. cargo port raises security concerns
- Bob McDonnell’s defense: Lonely wife developed ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House Republicans unveil bill to speed deportations of border children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
HAGELIN: What happened to Miley Cyrus?
Question of the Day
Maturity doesn’t mean the ability to do “adult” things; it’s a reflection of becoming an adult “on the inside.” Maturity requires the long-term view and prioritizes according to life’s enduring realities. It depends on character traits that form the authentic foundation for adulthood: responsibility, respect, kindness, deliberation, prudence, honor and self-discipline.
What Miley doesn’t realize is that “growing up” is not a function of age or exposure to adult things. Maturity is something acquired along the way, as we build character and orient our lives toward the things that last. That’s why it’s equally important that our children understand what real success looks like.
Success is not money, power, status — or having millions of fans. Success means living a good life, in light of eternal realities, and being the “best” at what God calls us to be as we strive to love God and people above all else.
•Rebecca Hagelin can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TWT Video Picks
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Inside the Beltway: Immigration rage festers on all sides
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Hillary Clinton: I was indeed 'dead broke,' but shouldn't have said so
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world