- Israel says it’s downed drone along southern coast
- Despite offensive, Gaza rockets still hit Israel
- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Still no Obama comment on Lane killing
Question of the Day
I was surprised to read Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin’s comment that President Obama had not commented on the brutal killing of Australian college student Christopher Lane last month (“Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin: ‘A nice gesture’ if Obama addressed ‘thrill kill’ of Aussie,” Web, Aug. 25).
Mr. Obama was quick to comment twice on the shooting of Trayvon Martin by a “white Hispanic,” George Zimmerman, who shot out of self-defense and was acquitted of all charges by a jury. In the Lane shooting, though, it was three youths, two black and one listed as white, who did the shooting of a white man. The youth listed as white, by the way, has a black father and a white mother — just like our president. Nonetheless, his race was reported as white, unlike our president, who considers himself black.
Could the reason for Mr. Obama’s silence be that he does not think it worthy to comment on black-on-white crime; that it is only worth his time to rail against white-on-black crime? What this says to me is that Mr. Obama has a double standard regarding crime involving blacks and whites.
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
Get Breaking Alerts
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Emeryville, Calif., police chief: Guns aren't for defense
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
Recent Letters to the Editor
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: How many boondoggles to break the bank?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: The problem is unenforced borders
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Where are condolences for Jewish teens' deaths?
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama welcomes illegals, ignores Americans
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Obama has no intention of repatriating illegals