- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Orioles cut C Teagarden, adds Cs Clevenger, Snyder
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - The Baltimore Orioles have shuffled catchers, cutting Taylor Teagarden and promoting Steve Clevenger and Chris Snyder from Triple-A.
The Orioles also brought back pitcher Wei-Yin Chen to start Sunday against New York at Yankee Stadium. The left-hander is 7-7 with a 3.76 ERA, and the Orioles sent him to their Gulf Coast affiliate last week to create roster space.
Teagarden and outfielder Eric Thames were designated for assignment.
The 29-year-old Teagarden hit .167 with two home runs and five RBIs in 23 games for Baltimore. Thames was acquired from Seattle on June 30 and was in the minors.
Clevenger was obtained on July 2 from the Chicago Cubs in a multiplayer trade. He hit .199 with one homer and 16 RBIs for the Cubs.
The 32-year-old Snyder hit .118 in six games for Baltimore this year. He also has played for Arizona, Pittsburgh and Houston.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Inside China: Massive flight woes and a missile test
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq