- ‘Optionally piloted’ Black Hawk helicopter clears tests; future missions to go ‘fully unmanned’
- Vice News reporter kidnapped in Ukraine is freed after being beaten, blindfolded
- FCC’s new ‘net neutrality’ proposal sparks outrage among consumer advocates
- Families of ferry’s lost confront South Korean officials
- 2-week truce for Sriracha hot sauce maker, California city
- NYC’s de Blasio seeks to ban wood-burning fireplaces
- Residents angry Obama mispronounced town’s name during mudslide visit
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Netanyahu’s driver accused of raping girls under age 12
- Putin calls Internet ‘CIA project’ that must be controlled
Inside the Beltway: 4,383 days after 9/11
• 38 percent of voters overall say the U.S. is less safe than it was before 9/11; 54 percent of Republicans, 45 percent of conservatives, 25 percent of Democrats and 27 percent of liberals agree.
• 48 percent of voters overall say the U.S. is now less respected around the world, compared to five years ago; 72 percent of Republicans, 63 percent of conservatives, 27 percent of Democrats and 23 percent of liberals agree.
• 36 percent of voters overall say the respect for the U.S. worldwide is “about the same”; 22 percent of Republicans, 28 percent of conservatives, 46 percent of Democrats and 47 percent of liberals agree.
• 14 percent of voters overall say the U.S. is more respected now; 6 percent of Republicans, 9 percent of conservatives, 25 percent of Democrats and 23 percent of liberals agree.
Source: A Fox News poll of 900 registered U.S. voters conducted Sept. 6 to 8.
• Solemn commentary, annoyances to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Bloomberg-backed protestors to rally at NRA national meeting
- Inside the Beltway: A presidential showcase for Mike Pence
- 10 state tour: Tea party bus rolls in the name of liberty - and the midterms
- Inside the Beltway: The Elizabeth Warren effect
- They're next: Alaska fumes over marijuana legalization
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- In its hunt for Senate, Republican candidates campaign against Harry Reid
- Obamacare class-action suit opens a new legal front
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- List Hillary Clinton's successes? State Dept. spokeswoman flubs answer
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- 'Conservatives' should feel exposed by Bundy's racist comments: Scarborough
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Sold out: Ukraine's leadership swapped best military weapons for cash
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014