- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
- CIA admits $3 billion intelligence operation was a flop
Massa announces departure from Ferrari
Felipe Massa said Tuesday that he will leave Ferrari at the end of the Formula One season.
The move opens a path for Kimi Raikkonen to rejoin the Italian team as the new partner for Fernando Alonso.
Massa used his Twitter account to post the announcement with a message on Instagram.
“From 2014 I will no longer be driving for Ferrari,” Massa wrote. “I would like to thank the team for all the victories and incredible moments experienced together.”
The 32-year-old Massa has made 184 starts for Ferrari, winning 11 races since joining in 2006 from Sauber.
All of the Brazilian’s wins with Ferrari came during his first three seasons with the team. He hasn’t won a race since a life-threatening accident at the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2009 and his contract is up at the end of this season.
“Right now I want to push as hard as possible with Ferrari for the remaining seven races,” Massa said. “For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the Championship which remains my greatest objective!”
Raikkonen, who drives for Lotus, has been linked with a return to Ferrari. He raced for Ferrari from 2007-2009, and his title in 2007 was the last time Ferrari won the driver’s crown.
By Brahma Chellaney
Beijing's creeping aggression signals a challenge to U.S. presence in the Asian Pacific
- CURL: Obama tells a whopper on IRS scandal
- WOLF: The president's other Obamacare lies
- Tech companies call for an end to NSA online snooping
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Ted Cruz sees legal landmines ahead for Obamacare
- Lawmakers see 'false narrative' of Obama as a terrorist fighter
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- MSNBC host: Obamacare a 'wealthy white men' racist word
- Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse
- MILLER: Brady Campaign says Colorado recalls due to NRA, not grassroots opposition to gun control
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Let’s talk about everything, especially the absurdity of it all
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
Never apologetic. Never afraid. Lieutenant Colonel Allen B. West joins Communities to bring tales from the biggest Foxhole of them all, the one inside the Beltway.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow