- Aaron Hernandez investigated for threatening to kill prison guard
- Putin tells Merkel that Ukraine is on the brink of civil war
- San Antonio mayor to Obama: Give amnesty to illegals with legal families
- NYPD disbands unit that spied on Muslims to go after ‘real bad guys’
- Donald Rumsfeld has ‘no idea’ if he paid taxes correctly
- Bradley Manning named honorary grand marshal of San Francisco Pride parade
- Look out PayPal: Facebook working toward mobile payments system
- U.S. rebukes Iran’s U.N. envoy pick over 1979 embassy attack
- Stoned mom avoids jail after driving 12 miles with baby on roof
- More than 100 ‘inappropriate’ encounters between NYC school staffers, students since 2009: report
Massa announces departure from Ferrari
Felipe Massa said Tuesday that he will leave Ferrari at the end of the Formula One season.
The move opens a path for Kimi Raikkonen to rejoin the Italian team as the new partner for Fernando Alonso.
Massa used his Twitter account to post the announcement with a message on Instagram.
“From 2014 I will no longer be driving for Ferrari,” Massa wrote. “I would like to thank the team for all the victories and incredible moments experienced together.”
The 32-year-old Massa has made 184 starts for Ferrari, winning 11 races since joining in 2006 from Sauber.
All of the Brazilian’s wins with Ferrari came during his first three seasons with the team. He hasn’t won a race since a life-threatening accident at the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2009 and his contract is up at the end of this season.
“Right now I want to push as hard as possible with Ferrari for the remaining seven races,” Massa said. “For next year, I want to find a team that can give me a competitive car to win many more races and challenge for the Championship which remains my greatest objective!”
Raikkonen, who drives for Lotus, has been linked with a return to Ferrari. He raced for Ferrari from 2007-2009, and his title in 2007 was the last time Ferrari won the driver’s crown.
By returning to goodness, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- Secret U.S. assessments show Afghanistan not ready to govern on own
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- U.S. military on high alert as Ukraine troops trade gunfire with pro-Russian militants
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- HHS nominee Sylvia Burwell entangled in MetLife lawsuit
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Chaos as Manhattan building explodes