• 58 percent say how their member of Congress votes on military intervention in Syria could be a factor when they decide who to vote for in 2014; 27 percent say it is not a factor.
• 46 percent believe President Obama will order a military strike against Syria; 45 percent are not sure; 12 percent say he will not order the action.
• 45 percent are not sure who has committed the most war crimes in Syria; 44 percent say the Syrian government has committed the most war crimes; 11 percent say it is the Syrian rebels.
• 24 percent would support U.S. military intervention against Syria.
Source: A YouGov/Economist survey of 1,000 U.S. adults conducted Sept. 7 to 9.
• Mewling, polite applause to email@example.com.