- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Kevin Harvick participates in TMS 9/11 event
FORT WORTH, TEXAS (AP) - NASCAR driver Kevin Harvick joined first-responders from Texas and Oklahoma for a Sept. 11 tribute to those who served the region and those who died.
The event Wednesday at Texas Motor Speedway honored 44 first-responders. Among them were those who served communities devastated by tornadoes this year in Moore, Okla., and Granbury, Texas, as well as by a fertilizer plant explosion in the Central Texas town of West.
Harvick is the son of a retired 25-year veteran firefighter in Bakersfield, Calif. The Sprint Cup Series driver is scheduled to race in the Texas 500 on Nov. 3.
The event marked the 12th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on New York and Washington, D.C.
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Obama avoids 'red line' for China; prepared to impose tougher sanctions on Russia
- Protesters, police clash in Philippines ahead of Obama visit
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014