- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
Newsbust: Tina Brown to leave the Daily Beast, according to report
Question of the Day
NEW YORK — Tina Brown, the editor who oversaw the ill-fated merger of Newsweek and the Daily Beast website, is parting ways with the company.
That’s according to a report by Buzzfeed business editor Peter Lauria, a former Daily Beast correspondent.
The website reported that Ms. Brown’s contract expires in January and will not be renewed. Ms. Brown, former editor of Vanity Fair and the New Yorker, may take with her the Women in the World conference as part of her severance.
A spokeswoman for IAC/InterActiveCorp, which owns the Daily Beast, declined to comment.
The New York company bought Newsweek for $1 in 2010 and merged it with the Daily Beast, which Ms. Brown co-founded, a few months later. The money-losing newsweekly magazine went online-only last year and was sold IBT Media last month.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world