- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Fox News ending Shepard Smith’s nightly newscast
NEW YORK — Fox News Channel is eliminating one of Shepard Smith’s two daily newscasts and putting him in charge of a breaking news team where he will travel more to stories and break into other Fox shows with special reports.
His 7 p.m. Eastern newscast will end this fall, but Smith will continue anchoring a weekday 3 p.m. newscast. Fox Chairman Roger Ailes said the network is “no longer bound by a traditional evening format conceived in the 1960s.”
Fox said Thursday it is building a new studio, the Fox News Deck, for Smith’s revamped afternoon show. Instead of a nightly newscast, he’ll do live cut-ins on Fox’s talk shows with breaking news.
Fox isn’t saying what it will air at 7 p.m.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- CBO shows it's Paul Ryan 4, Obama 0 on budget targeting
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.