- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
House approves bill requiring new income-verification system for Obamacare
Question of the Day
Republican leadership on Wednesday put off a vote on the continuing resolution to fund the government until next week, a response to a potential mutiny among conservatives who want to hold the line against Obamacare.
They say a plan to hold symbolic votes on defunding the law — a measure the Senate can easily strip out of the spending plan — does not pass muster.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Tom Howell Jr. covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Medicare trust fund to last 4 years longer: Obama administration
- ACLU: Unprecedented U.S. spying has chilling effect on reporters and sources, weakens accountability
- Rep. Mike Rogers: Lock Israel-Palestine negotiators in a room
- Conservative group warns Va. Gov. Terry McAuliffe not to go it alone on Medicaid expansion
- Number-crunchers put GOP chances of retaking Senate at 60 percent: report
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Computer glitch caused odd Saturday release of D.C. guns ruling
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq