- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Inside the Beltway: Fox News amps it up
Needless to say, there are currently not one but two Facebook pages proposing that Mayor Stubbs make a run for the White House.
POLL DU JOUR
• 57 percent of Americans oppose all or most of the health care proposals in the Affordable Care Act;87 percent of Republicans, 77 percent of conservatives, 26 percent of Democrats and 32 percent of liberals agree.
• 54 percent overall would blame Republicans if the debt ceiling is not raised; 25 percent would blame President Obama; 15 percent would blame both.
• 51 percent would blame Republicans if there was a government shutdown if Congress does not pass a spending bill; 33 percent would blame President Obama; 12 percent would blame both.
• 45 percent say that if the debt ceiling is not raised, it will cause “major problems” in the U.S., 27 percent say it would cause “minor problems”; 17 percent say it would cause a crisis in the U.S.; 9 percent said it would cause no problems at all.
• 40 percent say a few days of government shutdown due to an impasse in Congress on spending would cause only “minor problems” in the U.S., 38 percent say it would cause “major problems”; 11 percent say it would cause a crisis; 11 percent said no problems at all.
Source: A CNN/ORC poll of 1,022 U.S. adults conducted Sept. 6 to 8.
• Tip line always open at email@example.com.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Inside the Beltway: A brief tale from Beverly Hills
- Inside the Beltway: Congress bottoms out in Gallup job approval poll
- Inside the Beltway: The handshake heard 'round the world at Mandela service
- Inside the Beltway: Tea party brews straw poll
- Inside the Beltway: Pricey health care doesn't guarantee a long life
Latest Blog Entries
- The Gipper 24/7: Get the official - and free - Ronald Reagan App
- No kumbaya: Fiscal conservatives snarl at Patty and Paul's budget deal
- Tea party brews up a 2016 presidential straw poll - and Cruz is in the lead
- Americans just say yes: members of Congress should be subject to random drug testing
- 70 percent of Americans say U.S. has lost world respect; 80 percent of GOP, 56 percent of Democrats agree
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- House votes for bargain to end budget drama
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro 'marriage'
- ICT trade mission to Azerbaijan successfully completed
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- CHELLANEY: China's game of chicken
- Inside China: Ukraine gets nuke umbrella
- EDITORIAL: The Potemkin website
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Consummate traveler Todd DeFeo explores the unique stories that make destinations worth going to.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow