- President Obama poised to grant clemency to nonviolent drug offenders: report
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
- Kraft recalls 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer hot dogs over cheese error
- Boy Scouts boots church as host after gay leadership dispute
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren’s new book raises 2016 presidential speculation
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Rep. Marsha Blackburn: Hillary Clinton won’t be first female president
- French president accuses Syria’s Assad of gassing his own citizens
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson makes gains in governor’s race in Georgia
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al Qaeda training camps
Man arrested for 3D-graffiti of crashing planes on La. 9/11 memorial
Police have arrested a man accused of placing two cardboard cutout images of crashing planes at the 9-11 Memorial in downtown Lafayette, La.
Lafayette Police Cpl. Paul Mouton said 35-year-old Salvador Perez was arrested Wednesday on a charge of criminal damage to a historic building and criminal trespassing, the Daily Mail reported. He faces up to $1,000 in fines and two years in jail if convicted.
Police believe the insensitive graffiti was placed at the monument overnight Tuesday to mark the somber anniversary of Sept. 11, 2001.
A local television station reported that the stabilizers on the cardboard planes include apparent references to the New World Order conspiracy theory — the Eye of Providence and the initials “NWO.”
For some, the theory includes the belief that the 9-11 attacks were carried out by the United States government, KATC said.
The management of a building across the street from the monument reported discovering a cartoon squirrel on top of its roof pointing a gun at the memorial, TV station KETK reported.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Discovery Channel cancels Mount Everest jump after avalanche kills 13
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Malaysia Airlines flight makes emergency landing in Kuala Lumpur
- 7-year-old twin boys fight off carjacker with toy snake
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Building a D.C. memorial for an endless war bumps into regulations
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- No rush: Bob Goodlatte waits for heads to cool on heated legislation
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.