- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Peyton, Eli Manning prepare to renew friendly rivalry
“But once the game gets started … you go out there and just play.”
The lead-up is another story altogether.
“I think that not many people, other players on either team, care a lot about it,” Peyton said. “I do take a little personal time for reflection. Playing against your brother in an NFL game, it’s a little bit different than playing against him in Little League baseball.”
It seems as though everyone likes to compare the Mannings. Except the Mannings. They leave it to others to argue who’s the superior quarterback, the better performer in the clutch, the leading pitchman, even.
“We pull for each other,” Peyton said. “We play the same sport. We have the same job. So we certainly can relate to a lot of the same things that quarterbacks go through. We worked out together this offseason a couple of times, which is always fun. We try to help each other in the offseason.”
They insist they don’t have that typical sibling rivalry where they’re always trying to one up each other.
“Eli and I end up being partners a lot in golf, to tell you the truth. We’re close,” Peyton said.
Eli echoes Peyton when he says this is not a competition between the brothers but their teams.
“For me, if you say I’m better or say I’m worse, I’m not going to be upset either way,” Eli said. “I’m trying to get wins and do my job.”
Same as Peyton.
By Tammy Bruce
Team Obama's bizarre behavior helps Gitmo terrorists foil justice
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Joe Biden's biggest gaffe: VP blowing his 2016 head start
- With pot and e-cigarettes, Big Tobacco is just waiting to inhale emerging markets
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- DeLAY: Hearings offer ripe target in Obamacare battle
- Attacks, rapes and forced conversions to Islam spike for Egypt's Christian women: report
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Russian fighter jet buzzes U.S. Navy destroyer in Black Sea
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.