- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
- No selfie awareness: Obama, Biden mug for Instagram as Ukraine implodes
- Putin to Snowden: We don’t collect droves of data on everyone like the U.S.
- Clemson football’s new opponent: Atheists upset with player prayer, Bible study
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s re-election launch party will be ‘history in the making,’ brother says
- Louisiana group hits back at Sen. Mary Landrieu campaign ad with ‘Actress Mary’ spot
- Brain surgery victim struggles with Obamacare: ‘It’s scary’
- Pro-Russian forces storm Ukrainian national guard base; 3 killed
- Joe Biden’s first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
For Eli, Peyton is family first and foremost
The Mannings understand how rare Sunday will be. They have done it twice before and both remember standing on the sideline looking across the field and seeing the other as the national anthem played. It’s rare it happens in sport, but even rarer when the brothers have the distinction of being Super Bowl MVPs, with Eli doing it twice.
“Eli is a great player,” Peyton said. “He’s a consistent player. I think he’s gotten better every year. I’ve always thought that’s the goal for a brand new player is to try to be a better player each year than the year before. He’s made things happen with different players, different receivers and different running backs. He’s been very flexible to adjust to the different players that he’s played with. But his consistency as a player has been awfully impressive.”
Eli sidestepped the question when asked if his brother might be the NFL’s all-time greatest quarterback.
“If you are in that argument you are playing pretty good football,” Eli said.
It’s something both Manning have done throughout their careers.
“Hopefully when I think back on these games that we played against my brother, I can think back and remember at least one win,” Eli said with a sly smile.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- NAPOLITANO: Hope for the dead and freedom for the living
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- PETA officials collide with deer
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.