- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Furyk becomes 6th player to shoot 59 on PGA Tour
LAKE FOREST, Ill. — Jim Furyk has become the sixth player in PGA Tour history to shoot a 59.
Furyk has had plenty go wrong on the closing holes in big events over the last few years, but not on Friday at Conway Farms. Needing a birdie on his final hole, he dropped a wedge into just over 3 feet and calmly rolled it in for a 12-under 59. It gave him a share of the lead at the BMW Championship, but that was an afterthought.
He now joins a small group with golf's magic number on the PGA Tour. It was the first 59 since Stuart Appleby in the final round at The Greenbrier Classic in 2010.
The others with a 59 were Al Geiberger, Chip Beck, David Duval and Paul Goydos.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Former Blue Angels commander relieved of duty for alleged misconduct
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.