- Tea partiers turn on Capitol Hill budget deal
- Budget deal to get quick vote in the House
- Comma on!: Twitter erupts over Obama-Castro ‘marriage’
- Sebelius calls for review of Obamacare rollout woes
- American dream dying, but many see free market as solution: Poll
- Air Force base in South Carolina boots Nativity scene
- Israel poised for a $173M boost from the U.S. for missile defense
- Leon Panetta named as source of ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ scriptwriter’s information
- Mandela service sign language interpreter: ‘He made up his own signs’
- Pope Francis named Time’s ‘Person of the Year’
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Liberals want immigration for the votes
Sad to say, the days when our laws were inviolate have gone by the wayside. Our representatives should not be so naive as to think that any bill they propose will be honored by the Senate or the executive branch. Once any immigration bill is passed, they will simply disregard all of the steps and restraints built therein and go for their ultimate goal: immediate citizenship for all illegals.
Don’t think for a moment that they intend to wait 10 to 12 years for these people to achieve citizenship. Don’t let them deceive you with words like compassion, humanitarianism and sympathy. The only reason the liberals have for pushing their agenda is that they anticipate it will gain Hispanic votes for them in future elections.
Representatives, anything said to persuade you in Congress to compromise your principles will be considered fair play. Remember these two statements spoken by our president: “I intend to keep this promise. If you like your doctor, you’ll be able to keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you’ll be able to keep your health care plan” and “I will sign a universal health care bill into law … that will cover every American and cut the cost of a typical family premium by up to $2,500 a year.”
See how easy it is for them to say one thing and do another?
Prince George, Va.
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
Get Breaking Alerts
- Teen thugs in DC run wild -- even while wearing GPS ankle bracelets
- New budget accord saves $23 billion -- after $65 billion spending spree
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- VEGAS RULES: Harry Reid pushed feds to change ruling for casino's big-money foreigners
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- More than a quarter million sign up for Obamacare in November
- Gov't Motors: Obama fudges math on auto bailout, $10.5 billion loss for taxpayers
- MILLER: Dick Heller challenges D.C.s gun registration, files for summary judgement in Heller II
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial