- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
NBA’s Lamar Odom charged with DUI in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Basketball star Lamar Odom has been charged with a misdemeanor count of driving under the influence, nearly two weeks after his Mercedes-Benz was pulled over on a Southern California freeway.
The Los Angeles city attorney's office said Friday that the charges stem from Odom's Aug. 30 arrest in the San Fernando Valley.
The husband of reality TV star Khloe Kardashian was taken into custody after a sobriety test.
The California Highway Patrol said Odom's car was observed traveling in a "serpentine manner."
The 33-year-old Odom could face six months in jail and a $1,000 fine if convicted.
A call to Odom's agent for comment was not immediately returned.
After spending the 2012 season with the Dallas Mavericks, Odom returned to the Clippers last year. He is now a free agent.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again