- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Alabama-A&M best CBS afternoon rating since ‘90
Question of the Day
NEW YORK (AP) - Defending national champion Alabama’s win over Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel and Texas A&M has drawn the highest preliminary television rating for an afternoon regular-season college football game on CBS in 23 years.
The top-ranked Crimson Tide’s 49-42 victory Saturday over the No. 6 Aggies earned a 9.0 overnight rating and 21 share. The network said Sunday that was the best since a 10.1 for Miami-Notre Dame on Oct. 20, 1990.
The rating was triple that for CBS’s first SEC broadcast of the season a year ago, a 3.0/7 for Alabama-Arkansas.
The rematch had been highly anticipated ever since A&M stunned Alabama on the road last year, catapulting its quarterback to become the first freshman to win the Heisman. Manziel’s offseason NCAA issues only added to the intrigue.
The two teams didn’t disappoint Saturday in a back-and-forth game in which Johnny Football accounted for 562 total yards.
Ratings represent the percentage of all homes with televisions tuned to a program. Shares represent the percentage of all homes with TVs in use at the time. Overnight ratings measure the country’s largest markets.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- House backs faster deportations, cancels 'Dreamer' policy
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors