• 70 percent of Americans do not think that the world “will end during their lifetimes.”
• 18 percent think that the world will end during their lifetime; 32 percent of evangelical Christians agree.
• 49 percent of Americans overall do not think that the civil war and strife in Syria are part of the prophecies referenced in the Bible’s Book of Revelations; 32 percent believe the Syrian crisis is part of those prophecies; 58 percent of evangelical Christians and 51 percent of those who attend church at least once a month agree.
• 26 percent say that U.S. military intervention in Syria could lead to the Battle of Armageddon spoken of in Revelations; 40 percent of those living in the South and 24 percent of those living in the Northeast agree; 34 percent of those older than 65 years and 21 percent of those 18 to 29 years old agree.
Source: A LifeWay Research survey of 1,001 U.S. adults conducted Sept. 6 to 10.
• Witty asides, impatient demands to firstname.lastname@example.org.