- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
- Former Reagan aide James Baker: President regretted apartheid veto
- Some donations to gay waitress who allegedly forged hate note refunded
- German President Joachim Gauck boycotting Sochi Olympics
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can under Obamacare
Preseason game over: Mike Green’s shootout goal lifts Capitals to victory
BELLEVILLE, Ontario -- Mike Green scored in the fourth round of a shootout and former Belleville Bulls goalie Philipp Grubauer stopped all four Winnipeg attempts in the Washington Capitals' 4-3 victory over the Jets on Saturday night in the exhibition opener for both teams.
Capitals star Alex Ovechkin briefly left the game in first period after taking a high stick to the face from Jets defenseman Ben Chiarot.
Jack Hillen, Stanislav Galiev and Troy Brouwer scored in regulation for Washington. Grubauer made 25 saves after taking over for Braden Holtby midway through the second period.
Evander Kane scored twice for Winnipeg, and Scott Kosmachuk added a goal. Edward Pasquale, also a former Belleville goalie, made 36 saves for the Jets.
- Obama: Hole U.S. 'digging out of' requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Bill OReilly reminds: Nelson Mandela was a communist
- Spike in battlefield deaths linked to restrictive rules of engagement
- Sen. Rand Paul: Supreme Court needs to re-examine Fourth Amendment
- Activists urge Obama to go rogue, sidestep Congress
- PRUDEN: British press horrified as London's new mayor dares to proclaim the truth
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality
- 'Dude, I'm dreading that I will have to go': Czech prime minister on Mandela funeral
- Sen. Richard Durbin: No line in the sand on unemployment benefits
- Kill team: Obama war chiefs widen drone death zones
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
Get in the middle of all the action inside and outside the boxing ring.
Opinion, analysis, and musings on politics, pop culture, reinvention, and the resultant flotsam and jetsam floating around the right-of-center quadrant of the Left Coast.
Let it snow
White House pets gone wild!