- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- N.Y. prosecutors: Russian diplomats bilked $1.5 million from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
- Oh my God! Costco lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
Preseason game over: Mike Green’s shootout goal lifts Capitals to victory
BELLEVILLE, Ontario -- Mike Green scored in the fourth round of a shootout and former Belleville Bulls goalie Philipp Grubauer stopped all four Winnipeg attempts in the Washington Capitals' 4-3 victory over the Jets on Saturday night in the exhibition opener for both teams.
Capitals star Alex Ovechkin briefly left the game in first period after taking a high stick to the face from Jets defenseman Ben Chiarot.
Jack Hillen, Stanislav Galiev and Troy Brouwer scored in regulation for Washington. Grubauer made 25 saves after taking over for Braden Holtby midway through the second period.
Evander Kane scored twice for Winnipeg, and Scott Kosmachuk added a goal. Edward Pasquale, also a former Belleville goalie, made 36 saves for the Jets.
- 'Hunger Games' delivers Obama's message on income inequality: liberal group
- CURL: 'Mission Accomplished' for Obamacare
- CARSON: Getting to the top by starting at the bottom
- Obama returns to class warfare as poll numbers plunge
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- NAPOLITANO: Pope Francis should be saving souls, not pocketbooks
- Democratic infighting erupts over 'we can have it all' fantasy on entitlements
- HARPER: 'Knockout game' not a myth to liberal Sharpton
- American teacher shot and killed at Benghazi international school
- Hola: Boehner prepares to push amnesty bill through House
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Brazen, leading-edge, “call it like it is” columns and reporting from Ohio native, radio host and writer, Sara Marie Brenner.
Entertainment News and Reviews from Washington, D.C. and beyond.
We’re not all having tea with the Queen you know.
Happiness is attainable. Morning to night. I love to teach, deal with folks that have an issue and really wish to tackle it and write.
White House pets gone wild!