- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Sarah Palin’s PAC sued for using Sept. 11 photo
A Sept. 11 photo of three New York City firefighters erecting an American flag has landed former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin’s political action committee in hot water with a New Jersey-based publisher, who has decided to sue the group for copyright infringement.
A lawsuit filed Friday in federal court in New York by North Jersey Media Group Inc. claims Mrs. Palin’s SarahPAC posted a copy of the photo on its website without permission, the Associated Press reported.
The lawsuit calls for unspecified damages and for SarahPAC to stop using the photo, AP said.
The photo was taken by Thomas E. Franklin of The Record, AP reported.
© Copyright 2013 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- George H.W. Bush joins Twitter
- Gisele Bundchen, Brazilian supermodel, posts 'multitasking' breastfeeding pic
- Chicago-area youth baseball treasurer accused of embezzling $80K
- Galaxy S4 owner claims Samsung tried to silence him after phone caught fire
- Michelle Malkin's Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
Latest Blog Entries
By Donald Lambro
Growth spikes are little more than trend-free anomalies
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Harry Reid's visa pressure cooker
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- Obama's antics at Nelson Mandela tribute: Jovial conversation, handshake with Raul Castro
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
A column dedicated to discussing politics, national security, civil liberties, and education.
Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfills the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
The “Silver Tsunami” created by aging Baby Boomers is hitting America. Let’s explore how we adjust to it, enjoy it and defy negative expectations about age.
Find the latest news and happening that effect those in the Washington D.C., Northern Virginia and Maryland Metro region.
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow