- Obama hosting annual Easter Egg Roll
- Big Bang a big question for most Americans: Poll
- Jimmy Carter’s grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Supreme Court issues no ruling on case challenging N.J. gun law
- Sharyl Attkisson: Media Matters ‘clearly targeted me’
- Sherpas consider boycott after Everest avalanche
- Democrat Rep. Stephen Lynch on Obamacare: ‘We will lose seats’ this November
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- People will be safe at 118th Boston Marathon, Mayor Marty Walsh says
- Boy Scout, 12, killed by rolling tree during troop outing at Washington park
Aaron Alexis had valid pass to Navy Yard when he unleashed fatal attack
Washington Navy Yard shooter Aaron Alexis had “legitimate access to the Navy Yard” through his contracting work and used “valid pass” to get onto the site, according to FBI Assistant Director Valerie Parlave.
Investigators believe gunman Alexis, 34, acted alone when he opened fire at the Washington Navy Yard, officials said at a late Monday night press briefing, before identifying seven of the 12 victims fatally shot by the 34-year-old navy reservist.
Alexis died amid a standoff with police.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Andrea Noble is a crime and public safety reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray, CFO over budget autonomy law
- D.C. Council sues Mayor Gray over budget autonomy law
- Guilty verdict in execution-style killings of 2 women, 2 children in Lanham
- Minority parties see power grab for D.C. vote
- Two bodies found under bridge near Southeast D.C. highway
Latest Blog Entries
Meredith Somers is a Metro reporter for The Washington Times. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No rest for the retired: Cardinal McCarrick on a mission for peace in Africa
- The sun also rises on Easter in the District
- Higher Ground: Colbert the Catholic
- Feeling taxed today? How about a prayer to St. Matthew?
- 'Matzah Factory' provides hands-on experience for learning about Passover
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Twitter blocks accounts critical of Turkish government
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Jimmy Carter's grandson: People have right to sport Confederate battle flag license plate
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- CURL: Shelly O first lady Michelle Obama comes in last
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.