- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
Bethpage Black set to host PGA, Ryder Cup
The PGA of America announced Tuesday that Bethpage Black will host the rowdiest event in golf in 2024, and the 2019 PGA Championship. The public course at a Long Island state park has developed a well-earned reputation for loud and boisterous fans, having played host to two U.S. Open championships in 2002 and 2009. Last year, the Barclays was held there as part of the FedEx Cup playoffs.
He said he was watching Phil Mickelson and Rickie Fowler during a practice round at the 2010 Ryder Cup, when Bethpage Black came up. Bishop says Fowler mused, “Can you imagine what a great home field advantage and how intimidating a Bethpage Black Ryder Cup would be?”
“The PGA Championship and the Ryder Cup tournaments will also provide a tremendous boost to the Long Island economy and put the beautiful, world-class Bethpage State Golf Course on an international stage,” said Gov. Andrew Cuomo. He noted the PGA Championship held at Oak Hill near Rochester this summer brought 200,000 visitors to the region, and added $75 million to the local economy.
Officials at Tuesday’s press conference noted that New York also hosted to the first PGA Championship in 1916 in Bronxville.
Bethpage Black first held a big tournament at the 2002 U.S. Open won by Tiger Woods. It held another U.S. Open in 2009, and The Barclays in 2012 as part of the FedEx Cup playoffs. Woods will be 48 when the Ryder Cup is held at Bethpage Black.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014