- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Cubs beat Brewers 5-1, stop 5-game losing streak
Arrieta allowed three hits, struck out five, walked one and drove in a run.
Valbuena stopped an 0-for-14 slide with his 12th homer, a solo shot off Kyle Lohse (10-10) in the first. Schierholtz hit a two-run homer in third that landed in the Cubs bullpen in center for a 3-0 lead, and Bogusevic added a pinch- homer off Donovan Hand leading off the ninth.
NOTES: Cubs C Wellington Castro Brewers SS left after the seventh inning with right knee soreness. … Chicago SS Jean Segura did not play, a day after straining his right hamstring. … Injured Brewers 1B Corey Hart, eligible for free agency after the World Series, wants to remain with the Brewers. He is making $10 million this year, the final season of a $26.5 million, three-year deal. “I wouldn’t sit there and ask for anything that is outlandish,” he said. “I would take a discount to stay here because I think I owe it to them to stay here and be a cheaper player.” He had surgery on his right knee in late January and missed spring training. “I’ve told them I would be very generous to stay here. Nobody wants to play for free, but I’ve basically sat there and watched all season. That’s kind of what we’re hoping for, but at the same time, you don’t know what’s going to happen.” … Schierholtz‘ 21 home runs are 12 more than his previous high of nine with San Francisco in 2011.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Vietnam says it may have found door of missing Malaysian jet as intel look into stolen passports
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- EDITORIAL: Senate rejects Adegbile for Justice post
- Italy outraged over U.S. gun dealer's 'David' ad
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again