- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
- Holiday cheer: Airline grants Christmas wishes for 250 unsuspecting passengers
- U.S. vet held in North Korea says statement was coerced
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Putin’s ‘God’ irony
Russian President Vladimir Putin overplayed his hand in his recent op-ed essay in The New York Times — especially at the end, when he brought God into the picture (“Neither Putin nor Obama get it,” Commentary, Sept. 17). This from the leader of a country that has done everything in its power to eradicate religion and replace it with the “religion” of the state.
How many people know about the pogroms that introduced anti-Semitism to the world, courtesy of Tsarist Russia? Or about Stalin’s destruction of most of the Orthodox Catholic churches in the Soviet sphere, across Russia and Eastern Europe?
I didn’t mind it when Mr. Putin was simply making a fool of our president, but now he has taken it a bit too far. However, what would we do without the “Evil Empire”? We wouldn’t know how lucky and exceptional we Americans truly are.
By Tom Fitton
New photos confirm the attack's coordination and its cover-up
Get Breaking Alerts
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Somber duty: U.S. presidents in hot demand at Mandela's memorial
- American bourbon now better than Scottish whiskey: U.K.-born expert
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend's shopping jumps to his death
- FITTON: A closer look at the Benghazi lie
- Israeli P.M. Benjamin Netanyahu backs out of Nelson Mandela funeral
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Obama lied about Syrian chemical attack, 'cherry-picked' intelligence: report
- Troops forced to rely on welfare, holiday charity
- Obama shakes hands with Cuba's Raul Castro at Nelson Mandela's funeral