- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Green company granted $4M from DOE after financier hosts Obama at DSCC fundraiser
The $4,000,000 award for biofuel company LanzaTech came just months after one of its chief financiers and public advocates hosted the president at his Portola Valley home for a $32,400-a-head fundraiser for the Democratic Party.
Khosla has donated nearly $1.3 million to Democratic candidates and groups since the 2008 interview, including a $1 million contribution to Democratic Super PAC Priorities USA Action in 2012, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.
Obama personally attended the June fundraiser at Khosla’s home. Sens. Michael Bennet (D., Colo.), Maria Cantwell (D., Wash.), and Amy Klobuchar (D., Minn.) were also present. The $32,400 per plate benefitted the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee.
“Government has a role in creating a regulatory structure that ensures that we’re encouraging the development of clean energy,” Obama said at the event, according to a White House transcript of his remarks.
Obama would unveil an energy plan later that month supporting the controversial Renewable Fuel Standard, which mandates the use of biofuels in gasoline.
TWT Video Picks
By Tammy Bruce
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- DELAY: A revolution for the Constitution
- BRUCE: Obama's bizarre immigration rules
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- R-S-P-E-C-T: Find out what it means for Obama
- Otter attacks, kills alligator at Florida wildlife refuge
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Senate rejects Gillibrand's overhaul of military's handling of sexual assaults
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again