- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
NHL Winter Classic headed to D.C. in 2015: reports
The Winter Classic is coming to Washington in 2015.
The NHL’s annual New Year’s Day showcase will be played in the nation’s capital for the first time.
A person familiar with the situation Friday confirmed the news to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis is expected to make a formal announcement Saturday.
Leonsis has lobbied to host the game for several years. The Capitals played in the 2011 game as the visiting team against Pittsburgh.
The D.C. area has several potential sites to host the game, including Nationals Park, RFK Stadium and FedEx Field.
Washington radio station 106.7 The Fan first reported Washington was getting an outdoor game, and The Washington Post reported that it would be the Winter Classic.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Critics rail against liberal bias for commencement speakers
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.