- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
- ‘We’re coming for you, Barack Obama’: Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL
- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
Angela Merkel bidding for 3rd term as chancellor in German election
Question of the Day
She said that her course of helping Europe’s strugglers in exchange for budget discipline and reforms “must be continued.”
A euro breakup “would set European unification back 20 to 30 years” and ruin German businesses, said Mr. Steinbrueck, whose party backed Mrs. Merkel‘s eurozone policies in Parliament but criticized her for over-emphasizing austerity.
Germany’s government, he said, has “a clear European responsibility to hold this continent together.”
An opinion poll published Sunday by the weekly Bild am Sonntag put support for MRs. Merkel’s conservatives at 39 percent. Her allies the Free Democrats were at 6 percent.
The survey of 2,047 voters was conducted by the Emnid research institute on Sept. 15-20.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Democratic Sen. John Walsh plagiarized War College master's thesis: report
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Netanyahu's Wikipedia page replaced with giant Palestinian flag
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Hezbollah warring in Syria could join fight against Israel
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq