- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
HAGELIN: Give our children the privacy they need from ‘transgenders’ at school
Some good folks in California are fighting back. They have organized a group called the Privacy for All Students coalition (visit the website at: privacyforallstudents.com/) and have filed a referendum seeking to give voters the right to reject the transgender legislation.
The transgender law takes effect Jan. 1, but if the referendum petition collects enough signatures (a half-million signatures must be collected by Nov. 12), then the law will be suspended until the voters will have a chance to decide its fate.
What can you do? If you live in California, sign the referendum petition at privacyforallstudents.com/sign-the-petition. But don’t stop there. Send this column (or links to the petition) to five of your friends and ask them to sign NOW. Make a sacrificial donation — $10, $100, $1,000 — to support this effort.
Even if you don’t live in California, you can help. You, too, can send this column or a link to the referendum drive to California friends and relatives. Tell them you stand with them and encourage them to sign the referendum petition, demanding that Californians be allowed to have a voice in this matter.
Give California families a chance to have their say. It takes just 30 seconds to sign a petition. Our children are worth it.
•Rebecca Hagelin can be reached at email@example.com.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
- USAID documents cite Hillary Clinton in chaos of Afghan aid
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.