- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Manchester derby: City routs post-Ferguson Utd 4-1
Question of the Day
BERLIN (AP) _ Stuttgart striker Vedad Ibisevic missed a penalty kick with the last shot of the game as the home team tied Eintracht Frankfurt 1-1 in the Bundesliga.
Marco Russ stabbed the ball to the roof of the net from a corner kick to put Frankfurt ahead in the 14th minute, but Timo Werner scored for Stuttgart level a minute later.
ROME (AP) _ New Jersey-born forward Giuseppe Rossi scored his fifth goal in six matches this season, helping Fiorentina to a 2-0 win at Atalanta in the Serie A.
Matias Fernandez scored in the 41st minute, and Rossi added his fourth league goal in the 69th.
Roma (4-0) beat Lazio 2-0 in the Derby della Capitale on Federico Balzaretti’s 63rd-minute goal and Adem Ljajic’s penalty kick in the fourth minute of stoppage time.
Napoli (4-0) won 2-1 at AC Milan (1-2-1) on goals by Miguel Britos and Gonzalo Higuain. Mario Balotelli scored in second-half stoppage time for Milan after his 61st-minute penalty kick was blocked by goalkeeper Pepe Reina. Balotelli, who had been perfect in 21 previous career spot kicks, got his second yellow card after the final whistle in a penalty for protesting. He is suspended for Milan’s next league match.
Inter Milan (3-0-1) routed Sassuolo 7-0,
American forward Terrence Boyd in the 17th minute, helping Rapid Vienna beat Ried 2-0 in the Austrian Bundesliga.
Boyd has five goals in six league matches this season.
PARIS (AP) _ Paris Saint-Germain tied 1-1 at home against Monaco in a matchup of France’s big spenders.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic gave PSG (3-0-3) the lead in the fifth minute, but Radamel Falcao tied the score in the 20th for first-place Monaco (4-0-2).
There's nothing centrist about the senior senator from Virginia
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- DeSean Jackson working on offensive cohesiveness with Redskins teammates
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq