- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
- 68,000 more file for unemployment — in one week
- Michigan bans in-state insurers from covering abortion
- Nancy Pelosi tells Democrats to pass budget: ‘Embrace the suck’
- Key Obamacare official: Last two months much harder than anyone hoped
- Sen. Mike Lee: We must stop ‘the prez’ from acting like the queen
Manchester derby: City routs post-Ferguson Utd 4-1
Question of the Day
BERLIN (AP) _ Stuttgart striker Vedad Ibisevic missed a penalty kick with the last shot of the game as the home team tied Eintracht Frankfurt 1-1 in the Bundesliga.
Marco Russ stabbed the ball to the roof of the net from a corner kick to put Frankfurt ahead in the 14th minute, but Timo Werner scored for Stuttgart level a minute later.
ROME (AP) _ New Jersey-born forward Giuseppe Rossi scored his fifth goal in six matches this season, helping Fiorentina to a 2-0 win at Atalanta in the Serie A.
Matias Fernandez scored in the 41st minute, and Rossi added his fourth league goal in the 69th.
Roma (4-0) beat Lazio 2-0 in the Derby della Capitale on Federico Balzaretti’s 63rd-minute goal and Adem Ljajic’s penalty kick in the fourth minute of stoppage time.
Napoli (4-0) won 2-1 at AC Milan (1-2-1) on goals by Miguel Britos and Gonzalo Higuain. Mario Balotelli scored in second-half stoppage time for Milan after his 61st-minute penalty kick was blocked by goalkeeper Pepe Reina. Balotelli, who had been perfect in 21 previous career spot kicks, got his second yellow card after the final whistle in a penalty for protesting. He is suspended for Milan’s next league match.
Inter Milan (3-0-1) routed Sassuolo 7-0,
American forward Terrence Boyd in the 17th minute, helping Rapid Vienna beat Ried 2-0 in the Austrian Bundesliga.
Boyd has five goals in six league matches this season.
PARIS (AP) _ Paris Saint-Germain tied 1-1 at home against Monaco in a matchup of France’s big spenders.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic gave PSG (3-0-3) the lead in the fifth minute, but Radamel Falcao tied the score in the 20th for first-place Monaco (4-0-2).
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
- Obama's Afghanistan experts stumped on U.S. death toll, war costs during hearing
- NAPOLITANO: A conspiracy so vast
- Biden guarantees victory on immigration reform
- All-out war breaks out in GOP over budget pact
- MALCOLM/REIMER: Over-criminalization undermines respect for legal system
- Selfie at heart of Obama fiasco to stay secret
- Obama takes 'selfie' at Mandela's funeral service
- Rand Paul: Budget deal 'shameful,' 'huge mistake'
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: 'Sorry,' I have schizophrenia
- DIVEST! Oil is the new apartheid on college campuses
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Film Reviews and Articles by Kevin Williams
Classical music and the performing arts: news and reviews you can use.
Extraordinary day at Redskins Park
White House pets gone wild!
Let it snow