- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
- HUMPRHIES: The Liberal Bully of the Week is …
- Secret Service threatened to kill Mr. Met if he got close to President Clinton, book claims
- Sarah Palin to campaign for Senate candidate Ben Sasse in Nebraska
- Boise business entices customers to come break stuff — ‘recreational destruction’
- Fired Yahoo exec’s $60 million golden parachute may be a record
- Arkansas gynecologist snapped nude photos of patients, police say
- Anthony Weiner on his current sexting habits: ‘None of your business’
- Producers eye Capitol Hill for latest reality TV hit
Redskins notes: London Fletcher takes a breather
• Johnson played his 96th career game Sunday. During the game, he went over the 8,000-yard mark and 500-reception mark. It took Moore 99 games to record 100 catches. Only three players to surpass 500 catches and 8,000 yards in fewer than 100 games. The others are Randy Moss (93 games) and Torry Holt (95). He’s the fifth receiver to have more than 8,000 yards in fewer than 100 games.
Quite a kick
With kicker Kai Forbath unable to go again thanks to a lingering groin injury, John Potter handled kicking duties for the second straight week. A kickoff specialist, Potter recorded three touchbacks. He also made field-goal attempts from 21 and 43 yards in the second half.
Included among the inactives for the Redskins was Davis, who suffered an ankle injury during practice on Friday and had the injury swell on Saturday. The others: Forbath, quarterback Rex Grossman, running back Evan Royster, safety Jose Gumbs, defensive end Chris Baker, and offensive guard Josh LeRibeus. …Detroit won a road game against Washington for the first time since the franchise moved to the area in 1937. The Lions had lost the previous 21. …Sunday’s attendance was an announced 80,111, which continued a sellout streak of 379 regular season and postseason games at FedEx Field.
• Mike Harris contributed
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Capitals, Mike Green may be reaching a 'game over' situation
- No playoff misery this time as Capitals aren't even participating
- Capitals Notes: Team doesn't have many roster decisions to make
- Capitals pack up and go, but team's future direction remains unclear
- Fittingly, Capitals end non-playoff season with shootout loss
Latest Blog Entries
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- CURL: The state of the Union worse than you thought
- Brewer signs 1 of 4 pro-gun bills passed Wednesday
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.