- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
- Obama’s ‘Katrina moment’ leaves his favorability factor at 42 percent
- Feds tout nearly 200 arrests, $625K in seized cash in Texas border crackdown
- Joy Behar: Sarah Palin should be ‘turning letters over on some game show’
- Rhino poacher in South Africa sentenced to 77 years in jail
- John Kerry defies FAA and flies to Israel to talk peace
- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
Redskins notes: London Fletcher takes a breather
Question of the Day
• Johnson played his 96th career game Sunday. During the game, he went over the 8,000-yard mark and 500-reception mark. It took Moore 99 games to record 100 catches. Only three players to surpass 500 catches and 8,000 yards in fewer than 100 games. The others are Randy Moss (93 games) and Torry Holt (95). He’s the fifth receiver to have more than 8,000 yards in fewer than 100 games.
Quite a kick
With kicker Kai Forbath unable to go again thanks to a lingering groin injury, John Potter handled kicking duties for the second straight week. A kickoff specialist, Potter recorded three touchbacks. He also made field-goal attempts from 21 and 43 yards in the second half.
Included among the inactives for the Redskins was Davis, who suffered an ankle injury during practice on Friday and had the injury swell on Saturday. The others: Forbath, quarterback Rex Grossman, running back Evan Royster, safety Jose Gumbs, defensive end Chris Baker, and offensive guard Josh LeRibeus. …Detroit won a road game against Washington for the first time since the franchise moved to the area in 1937. The Lions had lost the previous 21. …Sunday’s attendance was an announced 80,111, which continued a sellout streak of 379 regular season and postseason games at FedEx Field.
• Mike Harris contributed
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Brian Orakpo vows contract won't be an issue in 2014
- Redskins call Richmond their summer home
- Jayson Werth's hit, Anthony Rendon's hustle lift Nats past Brewers
- Nationals sign first-round draft pick Erick Fedde, but lose two other selections
- Strasburg, Nats fall to Brewers as second half opens
Latest Blog Entries
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare in intensive care
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Contrasting judgments on Obama's health care hours apart; appeals court calls subsidies unlawful
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq