- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Redskins notes: London Fletcher takes a breather
• Johnson played his 96th career game Sunday. During the game, he went over the 8,000-yard mark and 500-reception mark. It took Moore 99 games to record 100 catches. Only three players to surpass 500 catches and 8,000 yards in fewer than 100 games. The others are Randy Moss (93 games) and Torry Holt (95). He’s the fifth receiver to have more than 8,000 yards in fewer than 100 games.
Quite a kick
With kicker Kai Forbath unable to go again thanks to a lingering groin injury, John Potter handled kicking duties for the second straight week. A kickoff specialist, Potter recorded three touchbacks. He also made field-goal attempts from 21 and 43 yards in the second half.
Included among the inactives for the Redskins was Davis, who suffered an ankle injury during practice on Friday and had the injury swell on Saturday. The others: Forbath, quarterback Rex Grossman, running back Evan Royster, safety Jose Gumbs, defensive end Chris Baker, and offensive guard Josh LeRibeus. …Detroit won a road game against Washington for the first time since the franchise moved to the area in 1937. The Lions had lost the previous 21. …Sunday’s attendance was an announced 80,111, which continued a sellout streak of 379 regular season and postseason games at FedEx Field.
• Mike Harris contributed
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Nationals have at least two years - and maybe more - to enjoy Ian Desmond
- Caps GM George McPhee: On trade deadlines and team chemistry
- Now a Capital, Jaroslav Halak will try to make new memories for D.C. fans
- Caps acquire goalie Jaroslav Halak from Buffalo
- Caps trade winger Martin Erat to Phoenix
Latest Blog Entries
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again