- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag when Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Iran’s Rouhani: Israel, Islamic State are ‘tumors derived from the same origin’
- Rep. Tim Murphy: GOP knew HealthCare.gov would be an ‘unmitigated disaster’
- Political speak: Planned Parenthood dumps ‘pro-choice’ for ‘women’s health’
- U.S. attorney warns Cuomo not to interfere with anti-corruption probes
Redskins notes: London Fletcher takes a breather
Question of the Day
• Johnson played his 96th career game Sunday. During the game, he went over the 8,000-yard mark and 500-reception mark. It took Moore 99 games to record 100 catches. Only three players to surpass 500 catches and 8,000 yards in fewer than 100 games. The others are Randy Moss (93 games) and Torry Holt (95). He’s the fifth receiver to have more than 8,000 yards in fewer than 100 games.
Quite a kick
With kicker Kai Forbath unable to go again thanks to a lingering groin injury, John Potter handled kicking duties for the second straight week. A kickoff specialist, Potter recorded three touchbacks. He also made field-goal attempts from 21 and 43 yards in the second half.
Included among the inactives for the Redskins was Davis, who suffered an ankle injury during practice on Friday and had the injury swell on Saturday. The others: Forbath, quarterback Rex Grossman, running back Evan Royster, safety Jose Gumbs, defensive end Chris Baker, and offensive guard Josh LeRibeus. …Detroit won a road game against Washington for the first time since the franchise moved to the area in 1937. The Lions had lost the previous 21. …Sunday’s attendance was an announced 80,111, which continued a sellout streak of 379 regular season and postseason games at FedEx Field.
• Mike Harris contributed
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Brian Orakpo vows contract won't be an issue in 2014
- Redskins call Richmond their summer home
- Jayson Werth's hit, Anthony Rendon's hustle lift Nats past Brewers
- Nationals sign first-round draft pick Erick Fedde, but lose two other selections
- Strasburg, Nats fall to Brewers as second half opens
Latest Blog Entries
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world