- ‘Gay Jeans’ that fade into rainbow-colored denim created
- Divided court strikes down big porn award
- Jimmy Carter: Don’t hurt Russian people with sanctions
- Oldest ex-MLB player dies in Cuba, 2 days shy of 103rd birthday
- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
Redskins slip to 0-3 as key calls don’t go their way
“I’m not known for my calm demeanor,” Lions coach Jim Schwartz said. “If that hadn’t been overturned, I might have had a conniption, whatever that is. I think that one was pretty obvious.”
Robinson insisted to anyone who would listen that he made the catch, that the ball was under his left hand while the camera was positioned to show only his right side. Teammates weren’t so sure and the crowd murmured during the delay.
Robinson lobbied an on-field official, who only smiled and said he had nothing to do with judging the replay. A Times photographer, however, took frame-by-frame photos that showed the ball clearly hitting the turf.
“We went from a moment of having a lot of excitement to knowing that, ‘Hey, we’ve got to go back on the field and do it again,’” Griffin said. “The one thing you try to make sure that doesn’t happen in those situations is you have a negative play, and we had a negative play right afterwards and that can demoralize a team.”
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Capitals goaltender Braden Holtby a microcosm of team's uneven 2013-14 season
- Albert Pujols hits career home run No. 500
- Tyler Clippard, Ian Desmond's struggles continue in Nats' 4-2 loss to Angels
- Bryce Harper and Mike Trout play against each other for first time
- Nationals reliever Drew Storen shuts down Cardinals in 3-1 win.
Latest Blog Entries
By Andrew P. Napolitano
Obama's veil of secrecy is pierced
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- 'Top Gun' for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy's approval
- Kansas will nullify local regulation of guns
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Washington Redskins' 2014 schedule opens with Texans
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- Opposition rising to Colorado gun control laws
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.
Celebrity deaths in 2014