- ISIL creates all-female brigade to terrorize women into following Sharia law
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Obama to Latin leaders: Help with border
- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
Allen West thanks CAIR for inclusion in top ten worst Islamophobes list
Question of the Day
Former congressman Allen West blasted the Council on American–Islamic Relations on his social media outlets Tuesday morning by thanking CAIR for including him in their "2011-2012 Worst List Inductees" for his "intentional efforts to spread fear and prejudice."
"CAIR obviously fears those who confront them w/ the truth. I'm on their top ten "worst" list. Appreciate the honor," the Florida Republican tweeted to his 192,000 followers, linking to a new 2013 CAIR report, titled "Legislating Fear: Islamophobia and its impact int he United States."
In the CAIR report, Mr. West is listed as someone who was at the center of pushing Islamophobia in America.
"West claims that Islam is not a religion and that Muslims are a 'fifth column' in America. West has asserted that Islam is 'a totalitarian theocratic political ideology, it is not a religion.' He also called Islam a 'very vile and very vicious enemy that we have allowed to come in this country,'" the report reads.
Mr. West formally thanked the organization for the "honor" on his Facebook page Tuesday.
"Recently the Council for American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) bestowed upon me a great honor, they listed me in the top ten of individuals and organizations they fear," he wrote. "CAIR is an unindicted co-conspirator in the largest terrorism financing case in America, the Holy Land Foundation trial."
"I have yet to hear or see CAIR on any TV, radio, or newspaper op-ed pages explaining the recent vicious attacks by Muslims against Christians in Pakistan and against innocent shoppers in Nairobi," the former congressman continued. "To be forced to recite a koranic verse or die is simply barbaric. To conduct a targeted attack against Christians departing from church services is savage, not just in Pakistan, but in Nigeria, Egypt, Syria, and all across countries with Muslim governance (or lack of it)."
CAIR also attacked Mr. West for his involvement with the Florida-based Citizens for National Security.
"In 2011, former Rep. Allen West (R-FL) hosted the group on Capitol Hill where they offered a conspiracy-theory laden presentation to warn Americans about 'fifth column' Muslims who it said are pulling the strings of mainstream Muslim organizations and trying to take over the United States," the group said.
But Mr. West isn't backing down.
"If saying so makes me an 'Islamophobe' so be it," he said. "It just confirms that CAIR, and their ilk, fear those who will relentlessly confront them with the truth. Lastly, to those who have the 'COEXIST' bumper stickers on their vehicles, read Solomon's Proverb 17:28...you may may want to scrape it off."
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Jessica Chasmar is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She can be reached at email@example.com.
- Border agents detain Boy Scout troop for taking photo, troop leader says
- Wikipedia imposes editing ban on House staffers
- Fla. Republican to push bill mandating D'Souza's 'America' film in public schools
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll
- Boko Haram abducts wife of Cameroon's vice prime minister
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Mark Davis
The nation founders, the Lone Star State thrives
- Rahm Emanuel: Send illegal immigrant shelter kids to Chicago
- Washington Times strikes content and marketing partnership with Redskins
- D.C. seeks stay in order striking down ban on handguns in public
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- CURL: Obama, staffers not even pretending any more
- DCCC raising money on suggestion Obama impeachment is imminent
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- ISTOOK: Obama wants to be impeached
- Federal judge rules D.C. ban on handguns in public is unconstitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq